Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Scared Money

Wow I didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted! I've been pretty busy with work,so that's what is getting in the way of my pool game.

I did get to play some last night though.Big Scott and I where at Diamond Jim's at around 8:00 pm looking for some action.The place wasn't empty but it wasn't really alive either.Monday leagues were running,but that was about it,and there really isn't any action from the league players.
I found some action with Chris the Cop.I've never played him before,but have seen him play a few times.I figured we are about even as far as skill goes,so that's the game we set.Chris never even thought about asking for weight,so I think he felt the same as I did.So even up races to 7 was the game.

The first set I jumped right out 2-0.But Chris came back and and knotted it up.Chris makes some nice shots and misses some easy shots,much like myself!Our games are very even.This set went hill/hill,that's how close our game is.I know it's only 1 set,but Chris is a stand up kinda guy,so I'm pretty positive he wouldn't be laying down at all,I'm sure he has the capability of playing better than he did,but so do I.Chris plays on the Tri State tour,and his rating is a C player.Now Ken the Kernal says I'm a B player but I don't agree with that!I feel I'm more of a C player than a B player.So this set went hill/hill,and I missed an 8 ball for the loss.

We played a second set that was just as competitive as the first,but the end result was the same,with me on the losers side.Now I didn't play bad,but I didn't play good either!At the table I can honestly say I gave about 75% and that's what I got in return.I had no intensity what so ever,now that I think of it.My game changes dramatically when I can deliver the intensity.I do things differently,my PSR changes and even how I aim changes.I'm just really noticing this now about my game.Or I'm just starting to believe something different,I cant really put my finger on it right now but something is changing the way I think about my game.I hope it's for the good of my game,and not something negative!

One thing I do know about my game is that I really shouldn't be gambling at all.I'm playing with scarey money,and that's never really a good idea.I don't feel scared when I play, but the money just means so much to me right now.I just can't afford to loose,and when you think like that you almost always loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment