Friday, December 27, 2013

Welcome to Newburgh the Murder Capitol of New York

It's not funny to live here.But I used to joke around and say "life could be worst,you could live in Newburgh." Well I'm here now! And I've been here since October 2012.This city is the biggest shame of New York! It is in the Hudson Valley and could easily be the nicest city on the Hudson River,it just has so much potential with all the great architecture. I mean the place is so blighted right now,but if it ever does turn around it would be awesome to see it finished.Broadway alone is something to see,a four lane street with head first parking on both sides,really cool.Brick row houses one after the other,some are lived in but the majority are either abandoned and gutted or just boarded up.For me I see it as a real shame to let all that craftsmanship just crumble and turn to dust.But that's how it goes in Newburgh,society in this city is doing the same thing.It is a small city with big city crime.It's the 10th WORST city per capita to live in in the COUNTRY.President Obama himself once received a morning briefing about the violence in Newburgh! Morning briefings are used for the most important things he has to address on a daily basis.Now I knew the place was a shit hole before I got here,I just didn't know to what extreme,and when I found that out, I knew I was in for a ride. I'm going to post a few more things about Newburgh,but then I'm going to try to get you guys up to date with where and what has gone on in my journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment